I did not cover how to practice content strategy, but instead something equally important:
- how to convince your team you need content strategy,
- how to figure out the benefits (and ROI) of content strategy to your company,
- how to pull together convincing examples that support the need for content strategy, and
- how to ensure its success.
For those of us who practice content strategy, we’re believers. Now it’s time to make our team, our clients, and our bosses believers too. If you have additional tips to help content strategists (and people practicing content strategy) build their case, please post below! Questions also welcome.
Articles and References from the Presentation
- 7 Content Strategy Benefits (to Convince Your Boss)
- Finally: The Value of Content Strategy Defined
- Content Strategy for the Web (book) by Kristina Halvorson | View Shelly Bowen’s review of this book on Amazon