The Benefits of a Content Marketing Framework
Every content marketing initiative needs a structure, often called a content marketing architecture or content marketing framework, to be effective. A content marketing framework should be a part of every ongoing content strategy initiative. Why? Let’s check out the benefits:
- MEET MARKETING GOALS: A content marketing framework ensures your content aligns with your organization’s goals. Everything you write and create will become intentional and have a specific purpose. This value-add content leads to improved audience perception, memory, and action.
- WRITER EFFICIENCY: How long to your content writers and creators twiddle pencils and stare at blank screens, wondering what to talk about next? Your content marketing framework ensure you never run out of great purpose-driven ideas or waste time chasing concepts that don’t serve your brand.
- PROACTIVE VS. REACTIVE CONTENT: Many content marketing initiatives end up in reactive mode, creating content as events and news occurs and the company must respond. A content marketing framework will help you be the voice that other companies must react to in order to keep up with you!
- BALANCED CONTENT: Ever take a look at an organization’s latest content updates and find they are all on the same concept or level? A content marketing architecture will keep your overall output of published content in balance, so you’re not too “in the weeds” or “in the clouds” all at once.
- LEGITIMIZE CONTENT PLAN: Content can be a hard sell to upper-management. A content marketing framework is a roadmap that lends weight to your efforts, so that executives who are approving your content budget see the underlying purpose.
- CONTENT MARKETING ROI: Are your content marketing efforts working? It’s tough to tell when you don’t have guideposts in mind. A content marketing framework is not only a map for your content efforts, but also it’s a source for your KPIs.
A content marketing architecture should be the guiding star of your editorial calendar, and make your overall content marketing management efforts so much easier.
Content Marketing Architecture Worksheet
We published a content marketing worksheet to get you started. Everyone loves printable, fill-in-the-blank worksheets!
Need help creating your content marketing architecture? Consider signing up for a content marketing workshop, at your office, or as an off-site accelerator in San Diego or Palm Springs, California.